Socially awkward. Risk averse. Perimenopausal.
What I’m doing with my life:
Prepping for the possibility that I will collapse, alone, in my apartment. Neurotic and unoriginal for a woman my age? Sure. But it is largely out of consideration for the person that finds me, (likely my landlady), as well as the person who will have to fetch personal belongings for my hospital stay (likely my brother, IT Guy). So I do my best to keep my flat an acceptable level of clean and organized. Besides, if this morbid fantasy medical emergency kills me, I guarantee you that Ghost-Louise will haunt the person who cleans out the fridge in an attempt to apologize for the month-old soup leftovers, which I think we can all agree is super lame for a ghost.
I’m really good at:
Condiments. All the condiments in my fridge are active condiments.
Making soup. I’m soup-er jazzed about experimenting with citrus in my soups this fall!
The six things I could never do without
- A box of tissues. My brother says I cry a lot.
- Peanut butter.
- A spoon for peanut butter.
- Alcohol. Or I’d have to move to a cabin in the woods in Maine.
- Xanax. For those times when day drinking isn’t socially acceptable (or allowed at work).
- Complete and total autonomy.
I spend a lot of time thinking about:
- How I once said to my therapist “well at least I’m not a serial killer!” to which she thoughtfully (almost too thoughtfully?) replied, “well that is certainly a valid point, considering your childhood.”
- What I’m going to eat next.
- My sinuses.
- Moving to cabin in the woods in Maine.
- Whether I’m that chubby girl who gives a BJ on a second date so guys will like me, or if I’m just a liberated, slightly perverted, sex positive woman.
- Anechoic chambers.
On a typical Friday night I am
- Trying to dodge plans so I can go home, eat soup, and work on my birding bucket list.
- At a bar, not talking to you because:
- I’m not attracted to you.
- I’m attracted to you.
- You’re talking to the tall blond types, ignoring me completely, which is your loss because this average height, 43 year old brunette pear has the breasts and the vaginal tone of a 25 year old.
- I hate talking, strangers, and bars.
Recent books I’ve read:
“I Feel Bad About My Neck” – Nora Ephron
“How to Build Your Own Spaceship: The Science of Personal Space Travel” – Piers Bizony
The most private things I’m willing to admit:
I once fell asleep eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
You should NOT message me if you:
- Are 22, and are looking for a cougar experience.
- Are 22 and want to have a threesome, but have gravely underestimated the imagination of a 43 year old woman, and, subsequently, you cannot handle her suggested variations on the theme.
- Think a first message about licking my asshole is a good strategy.
- Have a user name that starts with “Tongue4Use”.
- Have a user name that ends with “69”, EVEN IF THAT IS YOUR BIRTH YEAR, perv.
- Are holding something dead in your profile picture.
- Are wearing a ski mask (or any mask, really) in your one and only profile pic.
If I had a personal motto, it would be:
More Food. Less Pain.